MCP-2019-09-10 - Project Coordinator
Magil Construction Pacific Inc. Is currently seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to complement our Burnaby Team. The successful candidate will report to the Project Director and work collaboratively with the Project Manager to assist in the management of one large project or multiple smaller construction projects.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the contract documents and specifications, to determine overall project requirements (bonding, insurance, etc.) and identifies any associated risk factors.
- Complete a full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract drawings and specifications.
- Establish a critical path schedule on the estimated milestone progress dates and completion timelines in order to meet the contract completion dates
- Solicit pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and materials.
- Complete a final cost estimate of a project, incorporating all subcontract quotations, labour, material and equipment including OH&P margins, for review by the Senior Estimator.
- Assists in the preparation of the final tender documents for Submission.
- Trade Tendering
- Prepare Bid Packages/Trade Contract scope of work
- Prepare Invitations to Bid, Bid solicitation and follow-up
- Complete final review of received Tenders and prepare Recommendations for Award
- Complete post tender review including Bid Review Minutes for inclusion into the Trade Contracts
- Change Management
- Preparing and coordinating Prime Contract Changes and issuing Trade Contract Change Orders
- Project Financials
- Review the Project Budget and prepare month-end reporting
- Prepare Applications for Payment
- Review, update and maintain the Project Schedule
- General Correspondence
- Review, coordination and distribution of general project correspondence including, Site Instructions, Inspection Reports, Field Notices, Etc.
- Record Keeping
- Organize and file all project documents (both hard and soft files)
- Request for Information
- Review, coordination, distribution and follow-up of all Requests for Information.
- Meeting Minutes
- Preparation and distribution of Minutes of Meeting including Consultant Meetings, Trade Meetings and Safety Meetings.
- Submittal Packages
- Solicitation, Coordination and distribution of all required Submittals including Shop Drawings, Samples, Mock-ups, Etc.
- Project Close-out
- Solicitation and Coordination of all required Project close-out documents including Occupancy Documents, As-built drawings and Operations and Maintenance Manuals.
- Minimum 2-year degree/diploma in a construction related discipline
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in commercial, institutional or residential construction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of different construction contracts, methods, sequencing, potential problems and timelines
- Knowledge of relevant construction BC law and building codes
- Ability to understand engineering/construction plans/specifications and employ construction methods and procedures.
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, managers, designers, supervisors, and tradespeople
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to be flexible and work in fast-paced environments
- Experience putting together estimates for commercial, institutional & residential projects including tenant improvements
- Ability to identify risk associated with contract/project documents
- Intermediate knowledge of the principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take-off procedures, sub-trade procurement, scope analysis, pricing and bid closing procedures
- Working knowledge of On Screen Take-off (OST) software
- Knowledge of “Procore” project management software would be an asset.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software including Excel and MS Project and other PM operational systems
- LEED® accreditation would be an asset
WHY WORK AT MAGIL CONSTRUCTION?
- Group Insurance Program
- RRSP/DPSP Program
- Dynamic environment and passionate work teams
Position open to both men and women.
To apply, please send your applications to the following email address: email@example.com