MCPSE2017 - Senior Estimator
Magil Construction Pacific Inc. Is currently seeking an experienced Senior Estimator to compliment our Burnaby Team.
Our People :
- To meet its commitment to excellence, Magil Construction has gathered a proactive and dynamic team, each with exceptionally diverse and relevant experience. Our business is our world. Our organizational culture has a family tone and accordingly our values are based on respect and ethical conduct.
- Our corporate office provides friendly workspaces, encourages exchanges and fosters a synergy in which each employee derives pride in their work. Furthermore, our flexible hierarchy facilitates direct communication with superiors and integrates leaders in the core of all projects. Each team member has the skills and support systems to perform their work to the highest standards.
- Prepare construction budget estimates ranging from high level conceptual to detailed.
- Oversee lump sum bids from start to finish.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the contract documents and specifications, to determine overall project requirements (bonding, insurance, etc.) and identifies any associated risk factors.
- Complete a full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract drawings and specifications.
- Establish a critical path schedule on the estimated milestone progress dates and completion timelines in order to meet the contract completion dates
- Solicit pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and materials.
- Complete a final cost estimate of a project, incorporating all subcontract quotations, labour, material and equipment including OH&P margins, for review by Management.
- Post Secondary diploma or certificate in a construction related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in construction cost estimating for general contracting.
- Proven ability to take a lead role on estimates up to $100 million.
- Experience putting together estimates for commercial, institutional & residential projects including tenant improvements, ground up new build projects, and restorations.
- General construction knowledge; understands specifications, methods and procedures.
- Ability to identify risk associated with contract/project documents.
- Intermediate knowledge of the principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, scope analysis, pricing and bid closing procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word software.
- Working knowledge of On Screen Take-off (OST) software.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel and MS project software.
Note: the above description of employment responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: We are not currently seeking opportunities to sign contracts with new third-party recruitment firms.