MCP-2019-04-04 - Project Director
The Project Director will have full responsibility for the management and administration of multiple projects and their associated teams, from pre-construction through the construction and post-construction phases.
Our People :
- To meet its commitment to excellence, Magil Construction has gathered a proactive and dynamic team, each with exceptionally diverse and relevant experience. Our business is our world. Our organizational culture has a family tone and accordingly our values are based on respect and ethical conduct.
- Our corporate office provides friendly workspaces, encourages exchanges and fosters a synergy in which each employee derives pride in their work. Furthermore, our flexible hierarchy facilitates direct communication with superiors and integrates leaders in the core of all projects. Each team member has the skills and support systems to perform their work to the highest standards.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
- Oversee all project administration duties including but not necessarily limited to; project start-up, subcontract awards, financial management, construction scheduling, document management, project reporting and project close-out.
- Provide support and training by the mentorship of team members.
- Responsible for overall project performance and reporting in areas including, but not limited to safety, cost/budget, schedule, quality and project status
- Assists the project superintendent and field workforce to establish and maintain our strong safety culture and environmental programs
- Monitors project performance, schedule, costs, equipment, manpower, materials, safety and environment, and quality control
- Interfaces with project teams including the client representative, architect representative and subcontractors
- Oversee project closeout
- Assists in securing new work by participating in estimates, including working with subcontractors and/or participating in proposals and presentations
- Leads negotiation processes with clients and subcontractors
- Min 2-year construction degree/diploma and a minimum of 15 years progressive ICI and/or multi-family residential construction experience in a Senior Project Management role.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with construction various construction budgets.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience mentoring Project Managers or Project Coordinators.
- Knowledge of different construction contracts, methods, sequencing, potential problems and timelines
- Knowledge of relevant construction BC law and building codes
- Ability to understand and employ engineering/construction plans/specifications, methods and procedures
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, managers, designers, supervisors, and tradespeople
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to be flexible and work in fast-paced environments
- Ability to solve problems related to construction, sequencing and staffing
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software, MS Project and other PM operational systems
- Knowledge of “Procore” project management software would be an asset.
- LEED® accreditation would be an asset
You will have the ability to work with a team of individuals who are passionate about what they do and to receive encouragement and support for your individual career goals. There is a comprehensive employment package associated with the job and an attractive base salary.
Note: the above description of employment responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.