MCP-2019-04-03 - Carpenter
Magil Construction Pacific is currently looking for a hardworking, quality minded, hands-on Carpenter to join our Burnaby team.
Our People :
- To meet its commitment to excellence, Magil Construction has gathered a proactive and dynamic team, each with exceptionally diverse and relevant experience. Our business is our world. Our organizational culture has a family tone and accordingly our values are based on respect and ethical conduct.
- Our corporate office provides friendly workspaces, encourages exchanges and fosters a synergy in which each employee derives pride in their work. Furthermore, our flexible hierarchy facilitates direct communication with superiors and integrates leaders in the core of all projects. Each team member has the skills and support systems to perform their work to the highest standards.
Tasks that may be required as part of this position, include but is not necessarily limited to:
- Provide a high level of customer service with quality workmanship.
- Develop a constructive and helpful working relationship with clients.
- Coordinate with trades-people for larger scopes of work
- Order materials required to complete service work prior to visiting the job site.
- Install guardrails, handrails, backing.
- Concrete placing and finishing of small areas/sidewalks.
- Repair and install door hardware.
- Install various trims, casings, base, crown mouldings.
- Carpentry, formwork.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years' work experience as a Carpenter performing construction renovations or new build projects, interior finishing or correction of deficiencies & warranty items.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in multiple trade functions (i.e. framing, drywall, trim, painting etc.) is an asset.
- A general understanding of construction plans, building layouts etc.
- A strong work ethic, is punctual, reliable, self-motivated and has the ability to work well independently.
- Good organizational skills, able to coordinate several simultaneous tasks while maintaining a positive attitude and flexible work style.
- The ability to get things done according to timelines.
- Excellent skill in the operation of power and hand tools.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
Must haves for this position:
- Be flexible, with the willingness and ability to travel to assigned job sites across the Lower Mainland
- A valid Driver's License and own vehicle is an asset.
- Be physically fit and able to do some heavy lifting.
You will have the ability to work with a team of individuals who are passionate about what they do and to receive encouragement and support for your individual career goals. There is a comprehensive employment package associated with the job and an attractive base salary.
Note: the above description of employment responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.