MCP-2019-04-02 - Senior Superintendent
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – SENIOR SUPERINTENDENT (High-Rise)
Magil Construction Pacific Inc. Is currently seeking an experienced Senior Superintendent to compliment our Burnaby Team. The successful candidate reports to the Vice President, Construction and, working collaboratively with the Project Manager, leads a team of onsite construction professionals and subcontractors. The Superintendent implements and enforces Magil’s policies and programs and ensures the project is safely constructed in accordance with design, quality expectations, budget and schedule.
Our People :
- To meet its commitment to excellence, Magil Construction has gathered a proactive and dynamic team, each with exceptionally diverse and relevant experience. Our business is our world. Our organizational culture has a family tone and accordingly our values are based on respect and ethical conduct.
- Our corporate office provides friendly workspaces, encourages exchanges and fosters a synergy in which each employee derives pride in their work. Furthermore, our flexible hierarchy facilitates direct communication with superiors and integrates leaders at the core of all projects. Each team member has the skills and support systems to perform their work to the highest standards.
- To implement Magil’s Health and Safety Policy and Program to create a safe work environment throughout the job site and adheres to the safety and recordkeeping requirements. Holds employees and subcontractors accountable for safety performance.
- Develops and maintains a project plan and construction schedule, in conjunction with the project team, to manage employee and subcontractor activities.
- Ensures that the project plan and schedule are executed within budget and that the work is completed in compliance with the design requirements.
- Responsible to review subcontractor’s scopes of work and schedules.
- Responsible to chair and minute weekly subcontractor meetings and distribute the minutes to the project team.
- Responsible to develop and maintain two weeks look ahead schedules and distribute to the project team.
- Completes thorough daily reports that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information and submits to the office daily.
- Ensures an adequate number of photographs showing progress and issues of concern are taken weekly and submitted to the office.
- Reviews total job cost reports including labour costs with the Project Manager monthly.
- Coordinates all field engineering and inspections.
- Responsible for monitoring and effective management of all rental equipment.
- Ensures that all materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the projects quality control program.
- Responsible for ensuring subcontractor commissioning of equipment and systems is completed as per specifications.
- Responsible for monitoring performance and discipline of direct hires.
- Ensures weekly timesheets for direct hires are submitted weekly to the office.
- Ensures all deficiencies are corrected in a timely matter.
- Advises senior management of potential problems at early stages and assists in their resolution.
- Performs additional duties assigned by senior management as required for successful project completion.
- Concrete High-Rise experience is mandatory for this position.
- Min 2-year construction degree/diploma and a minimum of 10 years progressive ICI construction experience, or equivalent technical training and experience.
- Proven ability to supervise projects with construction budgets up to 80 million dollars.
- Multi-family residential experience would be an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry operations, specifications, building materials, methods and procedures.
- Proven ability to understand scopes of work and ensure alignment to budget and schedule.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Project.
- Working knowledge of ”Procore” project management software would be an asset.
- Gold Seal/ Red Seal (Carpenter) Certification would be an asset.
- LEED® accreditation would be an asset
You will have the ability to work with a team of individuals who are passionate about what they do and to receive encouragement and support for your individual career goals. There is a comprehensive employment package associated with the job and an attractive base salary.
Note: the above description of employment responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.