MCP-2019-04-01 - Assistant-Superintendent
Closing Date: 2019-07-01
Department: Field Operations
Company: Magil Construction
Location: Vancouver, BC
- To assist the Superintendent in overseeing Magil’s Health and Safety Policy and Program to create a safe work environment throughout the job site and adheres to the safety and recordkeeping requirements. Holds employees and subcontractors accountable for safety performance.
- Ensures that the project plan and schedule are executed within budget and that the work is completed in compliance with the design requirements.
- Assist with tracking site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information and submits to the Superintendent.
- Performs carpentry duties such as handrail and guardrail repairs, backing and hardware installation, when required, and in conjunction with other workers when available.
- Coordinates all field engineering and inspections together with the site Superintendent.
- Responsible for monitoring and effective management of all rental equipment.
- Ensures that all materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the projects quality control program.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on performance of direct hires.
- Ensures weekly timesheets for direct hires are submitted weekly to Superintendent.
- Ensures all deficiencies are corrected in a timely matter.
- Performs additional duties assigned by Superintendent as required for successful project completion.
- Min 5 years construction experience, or equivalent technical training and experience.
- Proven ability to work well with others on a construction site team.
- Multi-family residential experience would be an asset.
- Good working knowledge of the construction industry practices.
- Proven ability to understand scopes of work.
- Gold Seal/ Red Seal (Carpenter) Certification would be an asset.
Note: the above description of employment responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.