MCO-HRS-2018 - HR Strategist
We need an HR Strategist, to become part of our senior management team; a Strategist that truly views developing human capital as part of overall business growth. A key contributor who will actively develop and implement strategies and programs that align with the Company’s overall goals and each department’s approach to achieve them.
The HR Strategist assesses each role to optimize full potential and coach managers in reaching maximum output, ensuring everyone has the tools they need. He/she will also recognize the challenges faced in hiring and retaining top talent; and will assist in strategizing to overcome those challenges and stay ahead of the changing marketplace.
This role is also a brand coach, can reinforce our culture of inclusion, and is able to convey our story. This person is an enthusiastic professional, a researcher, communicator, recruiter, innovator and thinker. He/she helps develop strategies for mentoring and training, and plan project staffing and purposefully align these plans with our structure and overall vision for the Company; with the ultimate goal of strategically building our human resources capacity and capabilities. The HR Strategist will be an integral part of the human resources team of the different business units of Fayolle Canada and will be based in southern Ontario.
Magil Construction Ontario Inc. is a leading general contractor, construction manager and design-builder operating across the province with offices in London and Mississauga. We have a rich history, recently celebrating 73 years in the industry.
Magil Construction Ontario is part of Magil Construction, a Canadian general contractor with a national presence, all owned by Fayolle Canada. Formerly McKay-Cocker Construction Limited, we have recently undergone a rebranding. Fayolle Canada purchased Magil Construction in 2009 and McKay-Cocker Construction in 2010. Magil and McKay-Cocker were sister companies for 7 years. Now, Magil firmly unifies all our companies across the provinces of Quebec, Ontario and British Colombia, under one name and one company structure.
Currently in a growth mode, we recognize that Our People are the biggest contributor to this. We are innovative, working with clients to offer customized solutions and continually seek to improve our technologies and processes.
The HR Strategist will be on the management team and be a liaison between employees and management; we see these categories as the main functions.
- Listen and convey feedback; be the voice for employees in the boardroom.
- Listen to employees and understand their functions so they have the tools needed to succeed and are following our processes.
- Foster an environment where our employees can do their best work and grow their careers; ensure they reach their potential and are high-performers as well as improving.
- Coach management on increasing morale.
- Communicate goals, priorities and performance measures to employees.
- Lead progressive thinking around career pathing and laddering so that career growth is transparent and managed effectively.
- Understand the construction market and its similarities and differences from region to region; using this knowledge to attract and retain talent.
- Recognize and research the always evolving needs of the current and upcoming talent pool and diverse demographics in our workforce; shape our offerings to employees so they have what they need to succeed and thrive in a healthy and enjoyable work atmosphere.
- Maintain proactive and ongoing awareness of industry trends and developments as well as functional best practices.
Innovator and Planner
- Assess learning and development needs across all levels. Identify mission critical skills
- Recommend, develop and implement customized learning strategies to meet near and long-term capability/skill requirements.
- Support the performance management and goal setting process by facilitating training; proactively plan training needs that align with business goals.
- Guide management in the company’s structure and how it can be more efficient.
- Proactively address the HR needs of each department.
- Work alongside the Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and publish our employee value proposition and recruitment brand; assist in marketing Magil as a desirable employer.
Employee Champion and Culture Coach
- Communicate compelling and useful information to the organization, as appropriate.
- Coach employees in their role in our brand; ensure they understand brand is a moving target and each experience a partner has with them contributes to brand control.
- Act as a steward of a culture of inclusion within the business with a focus on providing guidance on strategies and approaches to keep crew actively engaged.
- Develop a dynamic and professional onboarding program that encompasses.
- Communicates policies and procedures and conveys changes as necessary.
- Will ensure job offers and contracts are sent to each candidate in a standard format.
- Will ensure job descriptions are created and available for each individual in the Company.
- Ensure the Company is compliant with all legislation required.
- Align our policies and programs with our standardized manuals.
- Critically think and problem solve human resources issues, proactively identify potential issues and risks.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- An undergraduate degree in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of learning and organizational development experience.
- Member of the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) as a CHRP.
- Ability and willingness to be a strategist but also a hands-on trainer and facilitator.
- Excellent coaching, consultation and facilitation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment law (Ontario).
- Construction industry experience an asset.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Bilingual (English and French) would be an important asset;
- Ability to travel in Southern Ontario.